Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ragnar Relay



Last weekend Jake and I ran the Ragnar Relay. It was so fun. I love it. Seriously one of my favorite races to do. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, I'll give you the low down. You get in teams of twelve and run 180 miles from Logan to Park City. Each person runs three legs varying from 3-9 miles each leg. You're split into two vans and each person in your van does one leg and then you get a break while the other van goes. It takes most people over 24 hours, so you can imagine that you're pretty tired when you're done. Run, sleep, eat, repeat. That's pretty much what you do. Although the sleep part is minimal.

Last year we ran the race with all of my sisters. I'm so glad we did it because I have so many good memories from it. Linz was definitely on my mind during the race. This year we ran it with some old friends, the Shipleys. Our team was called Ship's Wreck. We finished in the top 15% overall and fourth in the corporate division. Great times were had by all. I totally plan on doing it again next year.

4 comments:

AJ Gorham said...

Ry and I call you our hardcore friends for a reason!!! You amaze us! Way to go!

Tamara said...

You're such a rock star. Way to go Llamaface.

Hilary said...

I just heard about someone else who did that race and they loved it to. I think it's something I might enjoy doing next year. Is there a website to get a team together or are you just on your own to find people? Anyway, way to go! Fun pics.

Lisa said...

Again, you are so much like us! I'm running the Ragnar this year and we are actually looking for 2 more runners for our team. Too bad you're pregnant. If Jake wants to run it though, or if you feel like going for a when you are almost 8 months pregnant, let me know. : )