Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gloom and Despair

Have you ever gone to the hospital to have a baby and come home with nothing? I have. And let me tell you, it's not enjoyable. I went in to be induced today. It's 4 days before my due date, but my doctor's going out of town tomorrow for a week. So I went in even though my cervix wasn't really dilated. My cervix never dilates. I have a broken cervix. But that's how it was for my other two and I managed to pop them out. Well, after 12 hours on pitocin my cervix hadn't changed at all. How's that for enjoyable? Sitting in a hospital bed for 12 hours for no apparent reason. So now I'm back at home and I probably won't have a baby for a couple of weeks. Depressing. Anyway, that's all I have to say. Sorry about all the mentions of my cervix. I'll post pictures of the baby next. After she's done being grounded for not coming out.

5 comments:

The Christensen's said...

HAHA make sure you journal the fact the she is soooo grounded. Or you will forget because she is going to be so cute! Well better luck next week. Let me know if you need anything!!

the mortensen's said...

I was also pregnant for 9 1/2 months. you have me sympathies. good luck!

April and Jared Fenn said...

oh that's rough! Good luck with the up coming weeks. :) I can't believe this is your THIRD child. Sheesh, we're really slow.

Hilary said...

I just got back from being gone a whole month and jumped right onto your blog. I was very anxious for news about a baby; but hey, I'll take news about a cervix instead. :) I guess since I'm not the one carrying the baby way past the due date, I'll just try my best to be patient (i.e. only check your blog five times a day instead of ten). Best of luck when it does happen!

Audrey said...

Oh dear, that is gloom. I actually can't imagine the misery. I hope that you are having a baby right now. Right this minute. Or better yet, that you have a baby in your arms right now.