Monday, January 4, 2010

Legacy


My mom passed away yesterday afternoon. She was 54 years old, and in that relatively short time she managed to leave behind an amazing legacy. She left behind a legacy of unconditional love, service, and any good quality you can think of. I look at my life and realize that I'd better start working a lot harder because I want to leave a legacy like her's.

I'm happy my mom isn't suffering anymore. The last few days were hard to watch. But I miss her. Almost every memory I have includes my mom in some way. Everything I look at reminds me of her. I know I'll keep doing my best, but it will be a lot harder without my best friend and mentor.

I'm happy to think of my mom and Linz together again. I'm sure mom was so happy to see her. I know that even though I won't see my mom again for a long time she'll still be a big part of my life. I'll still try to do what I know would make her happy. And I know that she'll do everything she can to help me from the other side. I look forward to seeing her and Linz again.

11 comments:

Shawn and Cami and Max and Annie said...

Sorry to hear about your mother. It sounds like she was a wonderful woman!

MaryClaire Brown said...

i am so sorry. i can't imagine the heartache of going through one difficult loss after another like that. you're perspective is amazing, and please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry about your mom Laura. We are around to help out with whatever you need. Please don't hesitate to ask. I'll give you a call in just a bit. You're in our prayers.

About Us. said...

Hope you are all hang'in in there. So much loss and heartache too close together. Even with the gospel plan I am sure it is very tough to endure. We will contiue to pray for you and your family and hope there are brighter days ahead!!!

Nicole said...

Laura- Your mom was such an incredible person. I still think of her as one of my absolute favorite young women's adviser. She did leave an incredible legacy. I know I am a better person having known her.

Nicole (Nuzman) Laird

Prince's said...

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mom! If she is half as amamzing as you she will be loved greatly in heaven! I feel your pain and if there is anything that i can do please let me know!
Angie

halesrock said...

Laura,
Your positive attitude always amazes me. I'm sorry to hear about your mother, but understand you are happy that she is not suffering anymore. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Olivia

The Cox Family said...

I am so sorry about your mother Laura. I couldn't even imagine being in your shoes. Your family has been through so much these past few years. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time.

Melissa said...

What a beautiful tribute you wrote for you mother. We ache for you lose. You and your family are in our prayers.

April and Jared Fenn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. What a beautiful lady. We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the Gospel in our lives. If you ever want to go out to lunch or something, let me know. I'd LOVE to catch up with you!

Hilary said...

I haven't read any blogs for several weeks but decided to check and see if you'd written anything new before I come see you tomorrow. I'm SO sorry to hear about your mom! What a bittersweet post! How wonderful that your mom is out of pain and is with Lindsey, and how wonderful she made it through Christmas! But what a hard trial. I'm glad you have such supportive friends and family. I agree with Olivia -- your positive attitude is amazing. Although I'm sure you don't always feel like one, you are a rock. I can't wait to see you!