Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dinosaurs and Bikes

A somewhat random post of what we've been up to of late. We had a day o' fun a week ago when we took the kids out and about. We went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point for the first time. It was a lot of fun. The kids really liked it. Very kid friendly. I definitely recommend it. After we went up American Fork Canyon for fishing and a picnic. So fun. My dad and Kathy met us up there and the kids were in heaven. We did some dog dippin' and had s'mores. I figured the picnic and s'mores with the camp fire all together are almost the best parts of camping. But the great thing was we didn't have to take all of the gear! I never thought I'd say that. I love camping. But with 3 kids I question whether 1 night camping trips are worth it. So much gear for so little time. I think I've decided if you can't do 2 nights of camping its not worth the effort it takes. We have had some good 1 night camping trips though, so maybe it has more to do with how lazy I'm feeling at the time. :)






In other news: We seem to be raising a biker extraordinaire. Zack is amazing. I already did a post about him making it to the top of Memorial Hill. Well, this time Jake took Zack for real mountain biking. On single track trails. On the same trails we go on. He's better than I am, which isn't saying much. But still, he's only 6. He had a hard time on the steep uphill, but mostly because he's still on such a small bike with no gears. Once he made it to the top he took off and did awesome. Jake said he wasn't scared at all. He went crazy on the downhill. He even wiped out pretty good, but just got back on and kept going. He says he wants to go more. I asked him if he was scared when he fell and he said, "Nope, not a bit." So there you have it. Our future pro-mountain biker. Pretty crazy!



3 comments:

Alicia said...

Go Zack! I'm not even brave enough to go mountain biking. :)

the mortensen's said...

no kidding! I agree with Alicia. GO ZACK!! What a stud!

Melanie said...

Way to go, Zack!
Get that kid a new bike. It's the best thing we ever did for Marcus. Toys R Us has TONS and they're $200 cheaper than REI.