Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


I think Mother's Day will always be bitter sweet. I hope one day it's more sweet than bitter, but right now it feels more bitter than sweet. Jake and the kids do a great job making part of the day sweet. Jake understands that its a hard day for me. I feel bad not just enjoying the day, but it's hard.

I miss my mom. I miss her all the time. I miss her when something great happens and I want to share it with someone. I miss her when something hard happens and I want to cry with someone. Life has been hard lately. A little harder than normal, and boy have I missed Mom. I want to go visit her on Mother's Day, just like everyone else. I want to take flowers to her house, not to the cemetery. I know I'll see her again. I know she knows what's going on in my life and helps me as much as she can from the other side. But I'm selfish and I want her here. So, on this Mother's Day, and this week of my mom's birthday, my heart will be with my mom even more than normal.

To all of those who have been without their mom for a while, I feel for you. Its hard. I can do hard things. I can do hard things. I am so blessed:)

3 comments:

zackary04 said...

Love you Laura!

MaryClaire Brown said...

My mom lost her mother when I was just a baby, and she's always said that Mother's Day is one of the hardest days of the year for her. It's gotten better over time, but I think she still misses her mom on that day more than any other. You CAN do hard things, and you ARE! and she's helping you!

Tamara said...

I think of you so often Laura. I hope it keeps getting better for you. You're such an awesome mother to your kids and that's such a beautiful tribute to your mom.