Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Festival Days!

Farmington Festival Days did not let us down this year.  We had all kinds of fun.   Kate has wanted to try running for a while, so she started training with me to run the Festival Days 5K. We made it up to 2 miles in our training.  Race day came and she did awesome!  I know the last mile was hard for her, but she just kept pushing forward, no hesitation or complaints.  She even sprinted past a kid who was in front of us right at the end.  She did so great and wants to do another one.  She finished in 30:43 and got first in her age group.  Awesomeness!  It was so fun running with her!

Kate and her cousin Megan who also ran

Kate getting her medal
Also associated with Festival Days is Zack's birthday.  Every year we celebrate his birthday with the family because we're all together.  I think he now thinks the parade and celebrations are just for him.  Pretty cool birthday if you ask me.  He requested another candy sign for the parade.  It said, "It's my birthday, throw me candy."  And holy cow, he got so much candy.  A ridiculous amount really.  He was loving life:)
Zack's sign and huge bag of candy

0 comments: