Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas!

I'm actually writing about Christmas things the day after Christmas, not weeks after.  Its a Christmas Miracle!  As usual, I did horrible with pictures.  I am in survival mode this year.  I swear I'll do better next year.  Plus we had to open presents with only the Christmas tree lights to help us see as there is no light in the front room (love this rental…).

Anyway, Christmas is so great with little kids.  I feel like we're in the Magical Years with my kids and the ages they are right now.  No kids in diapers (so amazing), no teenagers (also amazing), but everyone able to mostly take care of themselves.  So I'm trying my hardest to soak up every second.  Christmas Eve was awesome.  We went skiing in the afternoon.  There are few things better in life than having my whole family on the same ski lift chair.  It's the little things…  Then we had a yummy dinner with ham and twice baked potatoes (tradition from long ago).  After dinner we each shared a talent, sang some Christmas songs, read the nativity and talked about it, and shared our testimonies.  It was the best ever.  Then it was time for Christmas jammies (thanks Grandma Tracy), check out Santa on the Santa Tracker, and straight to bed.

Christmas Day was so fun with all of the snow.  We were pretty low key with presents this year.  It turns out when you build a house and have Christmas at the same time you feel like you're hemorrhaging money.  Good times.  Along with a few presents the kids get to help decorate their new rooms.  The gift that keeps on giving.  In the afternoon we headed up to spend time with family.  For sure one of the best parts about Christmas.  It was great seeing people that we hadn't seen for a while.  We even managed to survive not so great roads.

And I can't move on from Christmas without talking about the Christmas Bus.  I think this was the third year of the bus, and my kids continue to love it.  They count down to the Christmas Bus as much as they count down to Christmas.  One of the best traditions ever.  This year will always be remembered for the fight scene straight out of a movie.  My kids are scarred for life.  Always good times on the Christmas Bus!







2 comments:

zackary04 said...

I love your Christmas traditions! I love this wonderful family! Everyone of you makes me smile. One grateful grandma!

Kaylene said...

Pretty sure we need more details about the fight scene...