Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Home Stretch

We're in the home stretch of summer.  We've survived most of it and school is in sight.  Good thing too.  I think we're all breaking down a little every day.  My kids are fighting more.  They somehow find it impossible to go to sleep before 10:00 or wake up before 8:30.  This is going to make the start of school really fun.  The things they've been doing to stay busy no longer seem as fun.  I no longer have any patience to entertain them.  Really, I don't understand why kids need to be entertained these days.  I don't remember being entertained when I was a kid.  We were on our own, and that was cool.
I'm actually freaking out a little that we only have three weeks left.  This week has a lot going on, next week has even more going on (camping with my family which will be awesome) and then we'll be into the final week of summer freedom.  I'm not gonna lie, the silence that will exist in the house the first day of school will be amazing.  Beyond amazing really.  But I am dreading the morning rush.  This year Zack has to leave for school at a little after 7:00.  This is 90 minutes earlier than what we're used to.  90 minutes.  That's a lot of minutes.  Those minutes mean that I will now have to wake up in the 5's to work out.  The 5's people.  That's way too early.  It may kill me.  There will be weeping and whaling and gnashing of teeth I'm sure.  So, even though I've lost patience with everything lately, I'm trying really hard to take a deep breath and enjoy every second.

In other exciting news, Zack got the priesthood last week.  It was a great experience that he was excited about.  Today was his first day of passing the sacrament.  He was nervous but did a great job.  So far his comments are that "deacons quorum is really different than primary."  True words.




1 comments:

Melanie said...

Zack is getting tall! Isn't it awesome watching your son pass the sacrament?!