Wednesday, January 25, 2017

St George and January Fun!

I figured I better talk about January now or before I know it we'll be in the middle of February.  January has been a super busy month, which means it should be flying by.  But somehow I keep thinking, "I can't believe its still January."  I think its because of the snow and lack of sun.  We've gotten so much snow this month.  Like more than we have in years.  We've had some big storms, but mostly it just seems like it snows every day.  Poor Jake is so sick of plowing and moving snow, but since its still January he's probably got a lot of that left.  The good part of the snow is the skiing, and I've definitely been trying to enjoy that.  I've had some amazing powder days where the snow is over my knees.  Too bad I can't figure out how to ski in it.  Either way its been pretty amazing.  The kids have made snowmen and are trying to build a big tunnel.  Good fun all around.

Sage begged to play basketball this year.  Since it was only a month long I decided we could squeeze it in.  If you ever want a good time I suggest you go watch little girls play basketball.  So entertaining and so stinkin' cute.  There are usually a total of like 4 baskets made per game.  It's awesome.

Greg and Tracy were super nice and let us tag along with them to St George.  It was so nice to get away from the snow and cold!  They were extra nice because we brought all kinds of germs with us.  Zack started out sick.  Then Kate started puking, and Sage coughed the whole time.  Yes, we were THAT family that got everyone else sick.  Despite that we had a great time.  Jake and I were able to go mountain biking.  Again, so nice to not be in the snow.  We did some hiking and even found some fun caves to explore.  Minus the sickness a great time was had by all!

We got to go visit baby Savannah.  So cute!

First basketball practice

Fun with cousins in St George


Gotta love that red rock

Zack loves to climb up anything

Zack won student of the week!

We came home one night to this note from Sage

So much snow



Zack experiencing his first powder



Ski day!

Piles of snow by our house

1 comments:

Heidi Spjute said...

Oh the red rock, there is no other place like it. You should help me convince your brother to move back down :). Looks like you had fun!