Sunday, June 11, 2017

Ledgefork Camping

We have officially survived the first week of summer.  It was a good week, yet I keep finding myself thinking, "we're still in the first week?"  We started the summer off on a good note I think. The night the kids got out of school we had neighborhood night games at our house.  Our yard actually works really well for that.  The kids loved it, so I'm sure we'll do it again.  On Monday we went to Lagoon with our neighbors.  The kids love it, the adults try not to die.  We learned things that will help improve our experience later in the summer.  We also jumped right in to our summer routine.  Nothing huge, but the kids have to get their rooms clean, zone done, practicing, and school work done before they can play with friends.  This helps make sure we're still somewhat productive but also leaves us plenty of time for fun.  Mostly, it helps me keep my sanity.

On Thursday afternoon we headed up above Smith and Morehouse to camp.  It was great fun as usual.  I'm learning through the years that the only way to get Jake to stop working is to take him somewhere he can't work (no cell service).  So I've started planning more little trips to help us all get away.  Jake isn't sure how he feels about it, but I'm sure he'll come around.  We were able to relax, play games, fish, and enjoy some delicious s'mores.  Oh yeah, we brought our laser tag guns and those were a great success.  I think we may need to get a couple more.  Anyway, I've decided this summer is going to be amazing.  And I think its definitely started off that way!

Beautiful Smith and Morehouse

Crazy Sage




Fishing fun

First trip on the raft this year



0 comments: