Thursday, December 21, 2017

The Annual Christmas Bus!

The Christmas Bus (better known as the best tradition my dad ever came up with) is probably the thing my kids look forward to most all year.  For reals.  They love it so much.  And this year was the best one ever.  It was epic.

My sister Mel came for the event with three of her kids, so that made it extra awesome.  We went up first thing Saturday morning to have breakfast with everyone.  My dad made his huge delicious pancakes and Kathy made her yummy syrup.  We ate tons of food and got to hang out for a while.  It was so great.  I think that's the most time I was able to spend with my family in a long time.  Jake and Zack went to see Star Wars all morning so I didn't even have to worry about how much Jake wanted to leave.  A definite win win.

We started out at the rest home, and our program is getting pretty good I think.  Just the right amount of piano, singing, and then closing with the nativity, which I think we have perfected.  From there we went to the ancestral home for fun games.  Bingo, minute to win it, and kahootz.  Then we had pizza and it was time to get on the bus.  One of the best things in the world is going to see the lights at Temple Square and not having to worry about parking.  Takes the stress out and just leaves the fun.  The lights were beautiful of course.  We finished the night with hot chocolate and cookies on the bus while we listened to The Polar Express.  Like I said, epic.

We're starting to fill up the bus

Together at last!

My grandma got to come!  The babies: Claire, Henry, and Savannah



Cute Henry

Bingo!

Minute to win it!



Best nativity ever

breakfast chaos

Not surprising that she couldn't finish that pancake

The gang

0 comments: