Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Every Day Stuff

Life has continued since Hawaii.  Not sure how, but it has.  Nothing too exciting these days, but a few noteworthy things.  Kate got braces!  Poor girl.  She's adjusting to them, but they're definitely not her favorite.  She has to get a few teeth pulled this week.  No fun!  Kate also got to go to New Beginnings for YW.  Finally!  My first New Beginnings with my own daughter.  I'm so excited for all of the fun things she'll be able to do.  Now we're just hoping she can go to girls camp.  Fingers crossed! 

Jake has been working his brains out finishing the restaurant.  Hallelujah that it's done!  And we even managed to get paid.  Now on to the million jobs we have coming up.  So fun.  Zack is consistently Zack.  He spends most of his time printing things on his 3D printer.  He's made some pretty cool things.  His least favorite class at school is english.  He doesn't mind reading, but writing is definitely not his thing.  They've been learning about the Holocaust.  At the end of an assignment his teacher asked what they thought of the assignment.  Zack wrote, "I thought it was boring.  I don't understand why we have to learn about how horrible dead people's lives were."  Heaven help me.  We've since discussed couple of things with him.  Why you never say things like that about a teacher's assignment (strange that he got a 'C') and why it is important to learn from other people's lives (even if they were horrible).  Sometimes I wonder why I even try.

Sage is just busy.  Always.  She's always doing something and it usually involves getting mass amounts of stuff out.  The other day she was a dog.  All day.  She barked a lot.  She had a collar with a name (Cookie), ate food and water out of bowls, and made a bed with chairs and blankets.  I thought Zack was going to kill her.  But those are the kinds of things she does.  Oh yeah, I have to share this story.  Sage learned about Mother Teresa and dressed up as her for a wax museum thing at school.  The day before she mentioned that her teacher had given everyone typed up info on their people and hers was a lot different than what she had learned.  But like the rule follower she is she went ahead and learned what the teacher gave her.  When I walked up to her at school she started telling me about Mother Teresa.  "I was born in South Salt Lake in 1927.  I thought, "Wait, Mother Teresa wasn't born in Utah."  Then she said, "I married Francis on ..."  What??!!  Her teacher heard her and we both stopped her.  We figured out that her teacher had accidentally given her the paper on Thomas Monson (there wasn't a name on it).  She was confused it was so different but learned it anyway.  We had her get her Mother Teresa paper out and she proceeded to give the correct info.  Luckily I was one of the first people there so we caught it quickly.  The first and only time President Monson and Mother Teresa were confused.  So, never a dull moment around here:)

Had to document the restaurant on here since it almost killed us all


New Beginnings

The girls turning 12 this year.  Kate is always the shortest

Sage was Mother Teresa for the wax museum.  She is always frustrated with her non-crafty mom.  Don't mock the costume!

A rare ski day due to lack of snow.


Kate getting braces.  A torture machine if I ever saw one.

Kate with braces.  

Sage's valentine box.  Zack helped her.  One of the few times they actually worked together and didn't fight.  Miracles!

1 comments:

April said...

There's so many things I love about this post. 1.When can we come down to eat in the new restaurant? Or do you hate it because you built it? I promise to be nice this time to the waiter as long as my food comes out warm. 2. I thought Sage's costume was great. Then I noticed she's wearing a bondiband headband and now I can't stop laughing - but it totally worked! - just made me laugh. And Sage as a dog - poor Zack.