Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Spring Break!

It's been a while since I wrote, but not much has been going on here.  Nothing I want to bore you with anyway.  Spring break wasn't too crazy this year.  But we've done a couple of big trips, so we can handle staying in Utah.  We went to St George from Wednesday to Saturday and had a great time.  We didn't have such a great time from Monday to Wednesday.  I warned the kids that I needed to get some things done before we left Wednesday so I didn't have anything exciting planned.  Big mistake on my part.  You'd think I'd learn.  Actually, you'd think my kids would learn how to entertain themselves for more than 20 minutes.  It actually kind of makes me crazy that they couldn't survive two days without being entertained at all times.  They'll regret they're actions though because I'm already making up lists of things for them to do this summer:  laundry, weeding, cook dinner, wash the car, etc.  Ok, I know kids need to have fun. I promise.  And I know I should have planned something fun with them.  But really, I figured we could survive two days with the promise of a fun trip to St George.  It wasn't pretty.  Mom of the year award for sure:(

Anyway, the St George part was great.  We got to stay at Greg and Tracy's and we had great fun!  We went mountain biking, hiking, lots of swimming, ate yummy food, the kids stayed up super late, and we made Jake take a detour on the way home just to get delicious pie.  Basically, we made the most of our trip and it was awesome!

They were super excited for this picture.  The only one documenting our ride together.



We may or may not have teased Jake for having his arms straight out when he jumped.  Super aerodynamic:)

Sage was mad I made her take water on our hike.  Then she wasn't so mad when it was roasting hot and she had water.  Mother knows best!!!



The cool elephant rock we hiked to


Sage loved her pie so much she pretty much shoved it in her face.  It was pretty funny.

0 comments: