Wednesday, August 14, 2019

More Birthdays

I complain about having so many birthdays close together, but really, the boys are low-key.  Almost too low-key.  I can barely get them to tell me what they want.  The girls are a totally different story.  Kate doesn't say much, but I've learned over the years that if I don't somehow read her mind then she's not a happy camper after.  So now I ask her a lot more questions to get her to tell me what she wants.  It's kind of working.  And then there's Sage.  Sage talks about her birthday all year long.  This is no exaggeration.  It's a big, big deal.  Which is fun, but also stresses me out because I worry I won't get it right.  One nice thing about Sage, though, is that she plans out every detail of what she wants.  So it's just up to me to execute.  No pressure at all.  This year she even did a power point presentation detailing who to invite to her party, what to do at the party, what cake she wanted, etc.  Miraculously, everything went well and she was happy with her day.  Well, really she had a birthday week this year.  We were camping on her birthday and couldn't take her presents, so she had her party Tuesday, opened her presents Wednesday, and then still had birthday fun on the actual day.  So pretty much her perfect birthday.

Kate turned 13.  I feel like she's been a teenager for a long time.  But no, we're just starting.  She had a party with some friends.  I mostly tried to stay out of the way as they all looked at me weird when I was around.  So yes, I think they're officially teenagers.  They played games, decorated cupcakes, and watched a movie. 

Sage turned 10.  According to her this is her golden year.  Very important.  They had a pinata that was stuffed to the brim.  Then they watched Descendants 3 (came out that day luckily), played some games, and had cake and ice cream.  Obviously none of these parties were Pinterest worthy, but my girls were happy and that's what matters, right?  And yes, I'm loving that I'm officially done with birthdays for another year.  And Sage isn't allowed to even think about her birthday until after Christmas.

Decorating cupcakes


Cute girls

At the fair on her birthday

Sage loves doing heavy heavy



In case you were wondering it took Kate like 10 tries to blow out her candles

Sage requested this cake.  Ugh.  At least Kate helped this time

This is how we do pinatas in the country


More cute girls



Sage didn't think she was getting a moped.  I very strongly said no, but then Jake said yes.  She was surprised and VERY excited.


Now we see a purple flash as she rides by

0 comments: