Monday, February 17, 2020

January Happenings

January is not my favorite month.  In fact, we could safely call it my least favorite month.  But we survived, and even managed to have some fun.  January was mostly full of skiing.  I like winter while skiing, but once I'm done skiing it can go away.  We decided to try the Ikon pass this year, since you can only ski at Park City for so long without going crazy.  With the Ikon Pass we get to ski 5 days at Deer Valley.  Those 5 days are glorious.  It's a 15 minute drive to a really fun resort.  But this year we've been even more spoiled due to owning a lot in Red Ledges.  Red Ledges has Deer Crest passes that owners can use.  That means you drive up to the St Regis and they park your car.  So you get to drive past the huge line of cars trying to find parking and wave as you go by.  Once at the St Regis you head downstairs to the club where they have breakfast laid out, jars full of candy, drinks, ice cream, and a delicious lunch when you're ready for a break.  It's been amazing and we're now super spoiled.  This is not how we normally ski, and it's going to be painful to go back.  But we're enjoying it while we can!  My friend and I signed up for a women's ski clinic every week at Solitude.  I loved learning how I'm actually supposed to ski, but it was also painful to see how much I don't know.  But it was way out of my comfort zone, so I'm proud of myself for doing it.  The idea was I would be able to keep up with my kids more.  Not sure that happened, but still good for me.

We convinced Jake to take us to dinner after skiing on New Years Day


Zack always orders the biggest thing on the menu

Made Mom's oatmeal fudge bars to remember her.  10 years since she passed away.  So sad.

Jake, Kate, and I went skiing.  Zack was unable to come due to incomplete school work.  To increase his torture we went to Five Guys

Beautiful sunset

Kate made some donuts with our new air fryer

Sage and her friend drew portraits of each other.  Sage's was definitely lacking.

When we left our house to ski it was super foggy.  But up at the resort it was a beautiful sunny day.  Our house is under those clouds


Being spoiled at the Deer Crest Club

Sage kept getting more food and only eating a couple of bites of it.  She could barely handle the excitement

Sage with a smoothy all over her face

We did our first ever job fair at BYU.  When we walked in I told Jake we've come full circle.  It was super stressful to figure out, but it went well.  

Deer Crest again.  

Doing yoga for a young women activity

The view skiing

0 comments: