Wednesday, November 11, 2020

October Happenings

 October was a busy month!  We went to Cedar and two weeks later found ourselves back in St George, all for mountain biking of course.  We had the most uneventful fall break ever.  My poor kids.  Jake and I finally used our gift certificate for a night's stay at the Park City Hotel.  It was pretty awesome, even if it was only for a night.  We also had a gift certificate for $100 at Ruth's Chris.  Jake and I have only eaten there once before for a work thing that someone else paid for.  I was reminded of how cheap we really are as it's impossible to eat there for much less than $200, which is crazy to me.  Anyway, here are the pics that tell the story of October.




Had to add this one of Kate because she actually has a little smile.  



This is how dusty it is when they start.  No wonder Zack always struggles with his asthma.




Jake at the finish line with the boys he coaches




We were so excited to have Heidi and her sister and kids come cheer at the race!  We never have extra people because the races are in the middle of nowhere.

I hiked to the top of the Y with a friend.  I forgot how steep that hike is!

I took the girls to a corn maze for our one fun fall break activity.




Beautiful view from the hardest mountain bike ride I've done.  Jake and Zack and I climbed up 10 miles and 3,000 feet in elevation to meet Greg and bike back down.  Up took 2 hours, down took 45 minutes.  Pretty sure I don't need to do that ride again.

Love our fire pit

Sage and I can both suck our nostrils in.  An important skill.


We went mountain biking with some cousins Sage's age while we were in St George.  As soon as she was riding with friends Sage decided mountain biking could be fun.  She also didn't stop once to complain.  Amazing.

I take one for the team every time we carve pumpkins.  This year wasn't too horrible.


Zack spent hours on this.  He's got skills.

We had a team day to work on the mountain bike trails.  

The beginning of hours and hours of work on the Jeep.  

Apparently we're now out of the cute Halloween costume phase

Although Sage's friend Georgia still managed to look cute.


0 comments: