Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Last Second San Diego

 I woke up on a regular Friday a couple of weeks ago.  Nothing big planned.  Jake had been dying to get away for the weekend, but the weather kept being cold.  He threw out the idea of going to San Diego.  At first I thought he was joking.  When I realized he wasn't I started trying to book flights and a hotel.  Within an hour I had everything booked and our flight left that afternoon.  Our kids were like, "uh what are you doing?"  By 6:00 that day we were in our hotel room in San Diego.  Yay!

We were only there for a couple of days, but we had great fun!  We ate lots of yummy food.  Lots.  We went to the beach and walked around.  Way too cold to get in, but a beautiful day for hanging out.  We went on a sailboat in the bay.  Very relaxing.  We went to an awesome art show with amazing art, and again, amazing food.  

I've never done a trip that spontaneous before.  Jake called it a company trip and made us had a meeting.  As we discussed what we need to do more of in our business, I told him we definitely need to do more company retreats.  Also, I'm grateful to have kids at an age that we can leave last second like that.  So much fun!


Delicious Mexican food




Lots of sea lions




Random little squirrel just standing there


Jake in his happy place

The balcony where we ate lunch



Hula pie from Dukes.  Worth the trip right there.



Art festival.  I love these purple trees!


Random people playing music and dressed really weird.




0 comments: