Sunday, July 31, 2022

June Happenings

 June was such a busy month!  Like insane.  But also seemed like the longest month of my life for some reason.  The kids were out of school for the summer.  I was handling them, plus trying to help Jake, plus get ready for girl's camp, plus mountain biking started.  I was so busy all the time that I think my kids were a bit surprised.  And not loving it.  Good thing they're old enough to survive on their own because they didn't get much from me.

Girls camp happened.  I mean, I was the camp director twice and figured out this was my 8th girls camp.  Because of that I wasn't worried about pulling this camp off.  It was even stake camp.  But somehow this camp was really stressful and exhausting.  It ended well, but getting to that good ending wasn't easy.  The story that sums it all up is when the bishopric came up for the last night.  They couldn't find me or the camp director.  This was because we locked ourselves in the pantry with chocolate and caffeine to regroup.  We finally opened the door after the second knock to see the Bishop and his counselor standing there.  Good times.  

Kate had a piano recital.  We were those people who showed up straight from the waterpark looking good.


Sage randomly had some fun with makeup one night.

Finally made it back to the temple as a YW group!

Jake's uncle died so we got to see lots of family we haven't seen in a long time!  We even went to Maddox for lunch after, which always reminds me of my mom.

The general YW presidency stopped by at camp.  Pretty cool to hear from them.

Legacy Ward YW

We've managed to go boating a decent amount this summer.  We like to go in the evenings and take dinner.

We've had some beautiful thunderstorms this year!

Sage and I skipped practice one night and went to a concert in the park.  


0 comments: