Sunday, December 18, 2022

November Happenings

 Maybe next year I'll find it in me to post more than just a monthly recap.  We shall see.  I keep persisting with this blog because it's pretty much the only documentation we have of our lives.  Apparently not my strength.

November was fairly low-key.  We're putting our heads down and doing everything we can to get the office done.  It's hard to imagine what life will be like without the office to work on.  Even though it's getting close, it feels like we may never finish.  Jake and I did all of the wood siding on the warehouse.  I'm not a horrible siding guy.  But as soon as it got cold I got a lot worse.  Working in the cold is brutal.  I have high respect for people who do it day after day.

My sisters and I finally got together for a weekend!  It's been a bit, and it was so nice to be able to relax and talk for more than an hour.  And without kids.  We stayed in SLC and went to a Time Out For Women thing.  Learned lots of good things, but mostly enjoyed being with my sisters.

I rushed home to help Kate get ready for her first dance!  It was a girl's choice and she went with a small group of friends.  They decorated cakes, ate some pizza, went to the dance, and came home exhausted.  All-in-all I think it was a good experience.  So happy she was able to go!

Thanksgiving was at Greg and Tracy's this year.  Lots of delicious food, and it was so good to catch up with family we haven't seen for a while.  

Kate's preference date.  The way they sent the pics was weird, so you'll have to enjoy the blurry.


Sisters!

I got a new bike!  Merry Christmas to me.  I got to ride it once before it snowed.



Not a great pic, but you can see some of the siding we installed.

Sage is our makeup master



Turkey Trot!  It's hard to describe the joy this gives my kids.  Just know that they love it so much.

A random picture Sage took is the only pic we have of Thanksgiving.

Sage gave me holiday nails.  Good thing since I look like I'm 100 years old in this picture.


0 comments: