Wednesday, March 15, 2023

January (A.K.A. the longest month of my life)

 January is never my favorite month.  But this year I had extreme dislike.  I swear the month lasted an eternity.  It seemed like it was never going to end.  Ever.  For reals.  This winter has been brutal in so many ways, and it started with January.  I think I mentioned that we started the year off having church canceled due to extreme snow.  Well, that was just the beginning.  There's a new term I learned this year - atmospheric river.  Those words now bring me anxiety.  Apparently, if there's an atmospheric river in California then that means we're going to get dumped on here as well.  I swear it snowed almost every day of January.  It was brutal.  I know we need the water so much.  I feel bad complaining, but it's been a lot.  Especially in Midway.  There's another new phrase I've learned this year - snow fatigue.  That's what everyone has this year in Midway.  Poor Jake literally moved snow almost every day, for hours at a time.  Have I complained enough?  I think not.  There aren't enough words to express how brutal this winter has been.  We have feet of snow on the ground, and then we drive to Provo and there's no snow.  No snow people!  We live in the Polar Vortex.  Ok.  I'll stop.

So, when there's an atmospheric river, snow fatigue, and a polar vortex, what do you do?  You buy a house in St George.  Yep, that's what we did.  I won't write all the details, but basically the perfect little house was listed in Hurricane.  We went to look at it over Christmas, decided it looked great, bought it.  One of the main reasons we jumped on it is that they sold it furnished.  Everything.  Kitchen items, sheets, towels, etc.  That was a must.  I can barely decorate the house I've had for 8 years, let alone furnish and decorate another one.  So this was perfect.  It's also within a mile of Sand Hollow Reservoir and Sand Mountain where we do tons of jeeping.  So the perfect location.  Since we closed on it we've been down there a ridiculous amount.  Unfortunately, St George is also having a long, not good winter.  But even so, there's no snow and it's way warmer than it is here.  I think going there has helped me keep my sanity.  Maybe.

I didn't take many pics because, well, worst month ever.  This is what I have:

Sage made some sledding hills for us on the piles of snow.


I laugh now that I took this picture.  The snow got so much higher than this.  It was all I could do to keep a little square showing.

Our cute little St George house.  God bless St George



What I look like after running on a humid day.  


0 comments: