Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter Fun


I'm finally getting around to Easter. If I don't do it now it will never happen. Easter was good, somewhat crazy really. On Saturday we took the kids to the Heber city easter egg hunt. It was basically 30 minutes of chaos for 30 seconds of frenzied bliss. I'm sure you all know what I mean. At least the kids were happy with their candy.

Sunday was good, but not exactly what I was hoping for. The kids were both unusually unhappy that day. We stayed home, so of course I had to make a nice easter meal. It turned out well, but stressed me out more than I had hoped. I felt a bit like Martha (or is it Mary?). Next year we'll stick to hamburgers.

Church was good, but I was a little preoccupied. Zack has had long terms issues with diarrhea (skip over this if you don't want to hear more). Well, right during the sacrament, when it was really quiet, he filled his pants and did it quite loudly. Then, of course, he had to tell me that he pooed his pants, again, quite loudly. Luckily he was wearing a pull-up. I was so embarrassed that I seriously considered not returning to the chapel. Zack solved that decision for me when he pulled open the door and ran inside. I followed him and just tried not to make eye contact with anyone.

Anyway, the day ended well. Let's just say I learned what not to do this year. Here's to a lifetime of better easters!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Well it sounds like your day was rough but your kids look no worse for the wear. Their Easter outfits are adorable! I'm with you, though. Easter dinners are a LOT of work!

Autumn said...

If it makes you feel any better, not too long ago, Quin peed all over his chair in church during the sacrament and was not wearing a pull up. And we don't have pews because we don't meet in a chapel so it was a chair with a little padding that wasn't quite absorbant enough so then the pee was running down the legs of chair, on the floor, etc. etc. etc. Lovely thing to be a mother, isn't it?

the mortensen's said...

gross and hilarious at the same time! Liv did a humungous fart during the sacrament prayer, wayne about died.
p.s. is it just me or does Kate look exactly like you when you were little?

Dave Cook said...

Oh my gosh it's mini-Jake! Hey man, Beus showed me your blog. Ours is at cookholiday.blogspot.com.

-Dave