Wednesday, May 21, 2008

After the trials come the blessings

I title this post as such to strengthen my faith. I know this is true, and as a family we've seen many blessings, but that doesn't mean it isn't still hard. We have definitely been blessed in the midst of our trial. The acts of kindness from family and friends are pushing us through this experience. A big thank you to all of you for your kind words and gestures. They truly mean a lot.

The funeral was wonderful (if you can use such a word to describe a funeral). It felt like we were surrounded by angels. A local newspaper wrote a pretty good article summarizing the funeral if you want to take a look.

So now I'm back home doing normal things, but life isn't normal. It's different. I'm not quite sure how to go about my every day tasks with a hole in my heart. I suppose I just plug along in hopes that some day it will get better. I know it will. Knowing that Linz is happy is a huge comfort. Knowing that she wants me to be happy pushes me forward. So I'll keep plugging along up this mountain in hopes that I can someday reach the summit and enjoy the view with Linz.

8 comments:

MaryClaire Brown said...

Oh my goodness Laura...I'm so sorry. I just read the post about your sister's death and funeral. I can't imagine. There is a special bond between sisters that nobody understands. Please know that I am thinking of you. She sounds like an amazing girl.

Doug and Shayla said...

Laura,
Hey, it's Shayla Shipley, I just happened upon your blog. I hope that's alright. It really was a beautiful service. I hope you know that we love your family and you're in our prayers. We should get together sometime soon. It's been too long. :)

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

Laura,
Hi. I'm Sister Bannister's sister. I just want to let you know that my whole family has learned so much about the gospel and about how to live life 'For Good' from your sister's example. I have never seen a family so built on love and righteousness as yours. I never had the opportunity to meet Lindsey in life, but she was undoubtedly prepared to meet her Savior. In such a short time she taught my sister so much about teaching the gospel. I know how much she and the England Birmingham Mission were blessed and enriched because of her. Our family is so thankful to her righteous example. God Bless.

the mortensen's said...

We pray for you guys everyday. Liv says, "bless Mark and Luann and family to be happy"
We are going to come to Farmington the first weekend in July to go to her grave and see Alicia. It would be great to see you guys too!

Jonelle Hughes said...

I found your blog while looking for info on your beautiful sister. I did not know her, I just had heard the story of her death. I am so sorry for your loss. I have deep gratitude for your sister for serving the gospel and the Lord. I lost my oldest brother 13 years ago. This article helped get through it, because you never get over it. It does get better with time, I can assure you.:)

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Feb-26-Sun-2006/living/5987837.html

Much love-

AJ Gorham said...

Sounds like it was an amazing funeral. I am sad that I missed it! Still thinking and praying for you! Amber

April and Jared Fenn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister! I haven't been checking out the blogs lately so I'm sorry I'm a little late. It sounds like she is a wonderful person and I'm really truly sorry for you and your family's loss. Let's have a missionary reunion sometime soon. Love- april

Tamara said...

Still praying for you llamaface. Know that I think about you all the time and pray for a swift recovery for the hole in your heart. You're so tough and a great example to me.