Thursday, January 22, 2009

Exciting News!

For once I have some good news! We're expecting our third baby. Yes, three. I'm due August third so I'm almost 13 weeks along. I swore I would never have another baby in the summer, but here I am again. Let me just give you a rundown of what July and August are like in our family: July 13, Zack's b-day; July 16, Jake's b-day; August 2, Kate's b-day; August 3 (or somewhere around there), new baby's b-day; August 28, anniversary. Yes, it's a birthday marathon at our house during July. By the time they're all over I'm exhausted. I feel like I don't make them as enjoyable as I would if they were spread out. Oh well. Maybe we'll just start having group birthday celebrations.

Anyway, I had my first doctor's appointment last week. We heard the heartbeat and everything looks good. So we'll keep our fingers crossed like you always do when you're pregnant. The fatigue and nausea were pretty nasty this time, but luckily I'm starting to feel better. I can't wait to enter the second trimester bliss portion of the pregnancy.

Do we want a boy or a girl? Either one I think. Now that we have one of each it doesn't matter so much. This time we're guaranteed to have clothes for the baby. Yes!

I have to tell you what the kids said when we told them. Then I'll stop my rambling. Jake told them I was going to have another baby. They both starting jumping up and down because they were really excited. Kate said, "I want a pink one!" Zack said, "Babies aren't pink Kate, they're kind of white." So there you have it. We will not be having a pink baby.

1 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

CONGRATS! We need to get together soon and play!