Thursday, January 22, 2009

Poo Party

I had one of those experiences today that every mom dreads. Kate woke up from her nap, but wasn't screaming so I just let her stay up there. The fact that she wasn't screaming should have clued me in that something wasn't right. When will I learn? The first thing that hit me when I walked in her room was the smell. No big deal right? Just change her pants. Wrong. I looked at Kate and she was covered in poo. It was caked all over her hands, on her face, legs, and feet. Not to mention her crib, blankets, and stuffed animals. Yes, apparently she had quite the party. Blowouts are bad enough, but your kid purposefully playing in poo? Not ok.

Fine, you spend the next 30 minutes cleaning up. The problem was that I had to leave right then to pick Zack up from preschool. I actually thought about just leaving her there in denial that she existed. But I decided that probably wasn't the greatest idea and I'd somehow end up with an even bigger mess (if that was possible). Of course I took time to take a picture so I can get some sympathy. Then I threw her in the shower and scrubbed her off. I put her in a diaper and pajamas and ran like mad to get Zack. I broke numerous laws and managed to get there seconds before Zack walked out. Zack wondered why Kate was in her pajamas, so I explained the situation to him. He said that Kate smelled like a gerbil (they have gerbils at his school and they stink so this is not a compliment).

Anyway, things are scrubbed off and in the laundry as we speak. Why do I want another kid?:)

8 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

haha, we have done that one! I started using those giant old-school cloth-diaper pins to pin Mason's onesies closed during naptime to avoid those gross messes (that tells you how many times we had to deal with it!!!). Good luck! I am impressed you got a picture, I have to clean it up fast so that I can stop gagging!

Alicia said...

Gross.

April said...

There are no words. :)

Hilary said...

Oh, Laura...I'm so sorry! Neither of my kids ever did that, but my sister had her fair share of poop art. Yuck!

Autumn said...

Oh, nasty. I am so sorry. That could possibly be the worst Mommy event ever.

the mortensen's said...

If I could type a word that sounded like a dry heave I would

Melanie said...

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Audrey said...

Ugh, I'm sorry. We have been there...more times than I care to admit. Ick is the only word.