Monday, March 9, 2009

He's Home!






My brother's home from his mission! Okay, so he's been home for almost two weeks now, but since when do I post anything on time? He served in the Ohio, Cincinati (I just realized I don't know how to spell that, how embarassing) mission spanish speaking. He spent two years teaching illegals as much as he could before they headed back to their home land. Missions are tough either way you look at it, but he had an especially tough mission dealing with Linz and my mom. He's definitely a trooper for sticking it out the full two years. We love having him home!

And yes, we believe he's adjusting quite well. The day after he got home he was working and two days after he got home he was on a date. One of his first questions was, "Do I get a cell phone?". And then my mom decided to give him the ultimate welcome home gift. She's had yet to actually throw up with all of the chemo, just lots of nausea. Well, she and Greg were eating a nice quiet dinner together and, you guessed it, puked all over Greg. Needless to say, neither one of them finished dinner. Welcome home Greg!

Here are some pics from the airport. So sorry that they're in reverse order. I'm too lazy to do it over. Also, please note how dutiful Zack and Megan were in holding their sign up. I believe it said, 'Hola Baby'.

Also, please note that the bum didn't come down the escalator. No, he had to find a sneaky way down and just walk through the airport. How rude of him to deny us those beautiful escalator pictures:)

6 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

Thanks for putting those on. One of my favorite days for sure! And still good to have Greg home.

The Christensen's said...

That is so exciting!! YAY for Greg, and you family. I am sorry we missed you while you were down. Hope all is well. Let me now when you guys will be down next.

the mortensen's said...

hooray!!! I have been waiting for someone to post some picture of his big return.
I'm impressed we already went on a date!
p.s. you look fabu!

Hilary said...

My jaw is on the floor -- I can NOT believe how grown up Greg is! I guess it doesn't help that the last time I saw him he wasn't even passing the sacrament yet. :) Thanks for posting the pics; I was trying to be patient waiting for them. :) (Yes, I really like smiley faces!) Mostly I'm just super glad for something fun and exciting to be happening in your family -- welcome home, Greg!

April and Jared Fenn said...

Thanks for FINALLY posting! sheesh. Congrats to your bro, that's awesome. :) I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats of the pregnancy. What are you having?

Tamara said...

yay for brothers coming home!!!