Sunday, March 22, 2009

Miracles


Do you believe in miracles? I know I do. I've seen many in my life, both big and small. We saw a lot of miracles in our experience with Linz. The big miracle of Linz being saved didn't happen, but that doesn't mean we weren't blessed with a lot of other miracles. These miracles help us get through our days. These miracles are what we focus on when things get tough. And when things get really tough we hope for future miracles.

We've also been blessed with many miracles since my mom has been sick. Our lives will never be the same. Our testimonies and understanding of the gospel is forever changed. While we've been grateful for the miracles we've seen, we've continued to hope for the ultimate miracle of my mom being healed. We've prayed, fasted, and hoped with all of our hearts. I know many of you have joined with us in those prayers and even fasting, and so you're also a part of our latest miracle. Is my mom completely healed? No, but I would say that she's halfway there and I see no reason why she couldn't be completely healed at some point. She had her latest round of tests this week. They looked at her stomach and saw that the tumor is 50% reduced. A miracle? Yes. That rarely happens and pretty much never happens that quickly. Then they looked at her liver. The liver is the real kicker in all of this. Liver cancer doesn't go away. It pretty much never gets smaller and if some of the cancer is killed it just turns into scar tissue. In other words, when you're looking at CT films you're always going to see the same amount of spots. With the liver you're just happy if you don't see any increase in spots. Unless you're my mom. Her doctor called the second he got her CT results because he was so excited. Why? Well, a lot of her spots are gone, and the ones that are still there are smaller. That doesn't happen, not without a miracle.

So to those of you who have been praying, fasting, and hoping with us: Thank you. Please keep it coming because it's working. We're 50% of the way there. Why not go all the way?

And most of all, my gratitude and appreciation to a loving God who hears and answers prayers. Thank you for your compassion. Thank you for giving us more time. Thank you for loving my mom.

7 comments:

the mortensen's said...

AMEN! WHAHOOO!!!!
Now if we could get your dad to stop breaking himself:)

April said...

Good words.

The Hills Family said...

Thank you so much for sharing...Your testimony strenghtens mine every time I read one of your posts.

Audrey said...

What a beautiful post.

Tamara said...

I just about cried when I read this, Llamaface. I'm so happy for you. I'll keep praying for you guys.

Thanks for your testimony. you were always such a strength to me...ever since our very first birthday party together as wee little children.

April and Jared Fenn said...

I'm so sorry your mom is sick. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Congrats on the pregnancy. :)

The Six Moores said...

The Jorgenson Family
Hi, I am Amy Moore. You don't know me, but I think about your family and pray for your family often. My Little sister is Sister Michele Bannister, Lindsy's last companion. I just wanted to tell you how amazing I think your family is. I love reading your thoughts on your blog. Your faith and perseverence amazes me. You are a wonderful example to me, and I am sure, to so many others. My older sister Bettie went to Lindsy's funeral and wrote Michele a letter telling her all about the beautiful funeral. I thought you might enjoy having a copy of the letter. It is a beautiful letter. If you would like you can e-mail me at amymoore33@hotmail.com and I'll e-mail it to you. Thank you again for sharing your faith. Your mother is in our thoughts and prayers. The lord loves your family.
Amy