Monday, May 21, 2012

St George Bliss

I bet all two of you are dying to know what I did last weekend.  I know, quit the suspense.  Well, Jake and I went to St George.  Notice I said just Jake and I.  That's because the kids were not invited.  Thanks to wonderful family who took care of the kids for the weekend, Jake and I were able to go on a real vacation.  It was blissful.  We stayed at Greg and Tracy's house and did whatever we wanted.  Ride bikes in 40mph wind?  No problem.  Sleep until 8:00?  No problemo.  Eat dinner at 8pm?  Who cares?  Did we do anything super crazy and exciting?  Not really.  We just did what we wanted with no input from kids.  We must be getting old if that's all we ask for.  Love our kids.  I promise we're not bad parents.  Those with kids understand I'm sure.

And yes, Jake did a triathlon while we were there.  I worked up a sweat watching him.  He swam a mile, biked 20, and ran 6.  He did a fantastic job.  Managed to get 5th in his age group.  All in a day's work for him really.  I cheered loud and did my usual poor job of taking pics.  Here are a few though.

By the way, I keep trying to put cute captions under my pics like everyone else does and I can't figure it out.  I was told I just need to right-click on the picture, but when I do adding a caption is not an option.  Can anyone help me out?




0 comments: