Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of School

Cutie Kate

Big-Z

Look how big they are!!

School is here!  Yay!  A week ago I had mixed feelings about this.  I've kind of enjoyed sleeping a little longer and not having to kill myself every morning to get everyone out the door.  But then last week happened and boy was I ready for school to start today.  My kids suddenly went crazy, I went crazy, and we were all ready for school to start.  Very ready.  Its interesting how that happens every year.  It seems like there suddenly comes a time when summer needs to be over.  We need to get back into a routine.  Something.

This year Zack and Kate both go to school all day.  Crazy, I know.  Zack is in third grade, Kate in first.  I totally remember third grade.  I can't believe he's that old.  Sounds like the day went well.  Kate loved her teacher, but said it was a long day.  I don't blame her.  These poor kids suddenly go from a couple of hours of school to lots and lots of hours of school.  Zack liked his teacher and class, at least from what I got out of him.  He doesn't offer up much info about things like that.  When he describes his day he uses super descriptive words like 'stuff' and 'things'.  Very helpful.  By 3:00 Sage was on her bike outside, waiting anxiously for her brother and sister to get home.  She gave them both big hugs when they got home.  Poor thing.  Stuck with her mom all day.  Good thing she starts preschool in a few weeks.

By the way, this year I have five hours per week of no kids.  That's right, no kids.  I'm sure I will lay on the couch eating bonbons the whole time....right.  What I'm sure of is that the time will fill up quickly.  Still though, maybe I'll actually be able to run or bike during the day once in a while instead of crazy early in the morning.  I can always hope, right?

1 comments:

Erika Spjute Gray said...

I love the first day of school! Awesome. Zach look awesome with a buzz.