Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lice??!!!

Jake shaving Zack's head

Super cool mohawk

Yes, that's what I said.  Lice.  We had lice.  I have to admit, my first instinct was to never tell anyone.  I mean, its disgusting, gross, and must mean that we are unclean.  Now, however, I'm owning it.  We had lice.  And just in case you were wondering, its not fun.  We now have to wear bells around our necks so that everyone knows we are unclean.  Just kidding.  I almost feel like we should though.

Anyway, here's the exciting story.  Last Friday I discovered lice in my kid's hair.  All of my kids' hair.  Heaven help me.  Somehow Jake and I have escaped the lice (thank heavens).  After freaking out I sent Jake to the store for supplies, then I started the laundry.  I did laundry from 8:00am to 10:30pm.  That was a lot of laundry.  I washed everything that could possibly be washed.  And then I steamed everything that couldn't be washed.  Our house was very clean.  Then we shaved Zack's hair.  Poor Zack.  I felt bad, but I wasn't about to comb through three heads of hair.  I told him it would grow back in time for school.  Then Kate and Sage got gross smelling stuff on their hair and I got to pick through their hair like an ape or something.  It was awesome (not really).  There were lots of yucky bugs, but there could have been more.  They were easy to get out of Sage's hair because they stick out against her light hair.  Kate's hair was a little trickier.  However, I think we have finally conquered the lice.  In our nightly check last night I didn't find anything.  Please let them be gone.  I will continue checking for a few days so I don't give the lice a chance to attack again.

So, last week was kind of rough.  Started off with purple paint, ended with lice.  Let's not repeat that again.  Ever.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Bells around your necks. . . now that's funny!
Marcus wants lice so he can have a mohawk.

Autumn said...

Icky, I'm scratching my head just thinking about it. So sorry.