Friday, November 9, 2012

I Choose Hope!


I just finished watching Zack's third grade program.  I found myself getting emotional through a lot of it.  How embarrassing.  In my defense, the program was all about America and what a great country we are.  It was soothing to my soul after the turmoil of this week.  How can you not have hope when you see a hundred little kids singing as loud as they can about our great country?  Sometimes I think we need to be reminded of what our country is about.  Of what our flag really means.  Of all of the men and women who have sacrificed so much for our country.  I would also like to state that I was not the only emotional person in the audience.  I think a lot of people were touched, and reminded, of what's really important in our country.

So I'm choosing to have hope.  I admit that my heart sinks when I think about the elections and how things turned out.  I know it doesn't bode well for our country.  But I've been surprised at how many people seem so willing to write our country off.  Its over.  We're doomed.  That seems to be what everyone's saying.  But I'm not ready to say that yet.  Now, I'm realistic.  I'm not denying that there are hard days ahead.  That is a known thing.  But I also realize that there are still a lot of really great people in our country.  And I have hope that when its time, all of those great people will stand together and fight for our freedoms.  I have hope for my kids' future.  I'm not writing everything off to doom and gloom yet.  Probably not ever.  Because I know that even though its going to get really hard, and is really hard, in the end the good will win.  This time the bad folks are going to get kicked out on their rears!  So I'm to teach my kids the best I can in my house.  I'm going to teach them pride for their country.  And I'm going to teach them what our country is really about. 

p.s. Sorry to get on my soapbox.  Guess if I'm going to do it I might as well do it here.

p.p.s.  I did take pics of Zack, they're still on the camera and will come later...