Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm Back!

You're so excited I know.  All two of you.  I've thought about posting on hear numerous times over the past couple of months.  I'd think about it, and then I honestly couldn't think of anything worth writing about.  Writers' block, the winter doldrums, not sure what but I'll try to do better.  Its not like this winter has been awful.  We had lots of fun skiing (despite the awfulness of my last post), and we did lots of other things.  I guess there just wasn't anything that felt worth writing about.  But I shall do better.  Must capture those small, but significant moments...or something like that.

Anyway, its taken a truly momentous occasion to actually get me back on here.  I know, you're on the edge of you seat.  Well, the Jorgensons have added another member to our family.  No, not a baby (much to Sage's dismay), not a dog, cat, or any other animal.  We have finally purchased a camping tailer.  Let's hear a big WAHOO!!!  Sage just informed me the trailer is named Tiny, so there you go.  Why would we do something so foolish you ask?  Well, some of you might remember our failed attempts at camping last year.  We tried to go camping four times, actually succeeded only once.  This is unacceptable.  We love camping, so once a year is not okay.  I decided the only way to remedy this was by getting a trailer.  Now hear me out...Jake works more hours in a week than almost anyone I know.  He's always working.  Always.  This means we only have time for a quick one night camping trip.  I have no problem camping in a tent, but its a lot of work and that work is NOT worth it for one night.  No way.  Is the light bulb going on yet?  Yep, if we have a trailer we're all ready to go.  We just throw some food together, and off we go.  A night of fun and amazing family memories.  This is what I think anyway.  Jake has other opinions.  It took much negotiation and discussion to get him to agree to this trailer (Tiny).  I'm still not sure how it happened.  A moment of weakness on his part I'm sure.  Yes, I realize that this means any time there's a problem with the trailer it will always be my fault.  I'm prepared to take this stress upon myself in the name of family togetherness away from all cell phones.  Now I'm sending mighty prayers up that this will be as good of an experience as I've made it sound.  If its not, and we end up hating this trailer for some reason, I realize that I will never hear the end of it for the rest of my life.

Tiny (not so tiny in case you were worried)

So, if you need to find the Jorgensons this summer, you will have to drive up to the mountains.  Because that's where we'll be....The Jorgensons and Tiny.  Living the good life.  Feel free to join us for these memory-filled trips.  It will be well worth your time.

3 comments:

April said...

Love it, and love that Sage named it Tiny. It's perfect.

Lisa said...

Looks awesome. Can't wait to take them camping in a couple weeks. Am I the 2nd person that reads your blog or do you need to up that number to 3?

Melanie said...

Hooray, you posted!
Hooray for Tiny!
Let's take it for a trip when I come out, without the husbands. My boys would love it!