Friday, March 22, 2013

Is There An Architect In The House?

Architect Zack (looking good if I do say so myself)

Today is career day for Zack.  All the kids are to dress up all day as what they want to be when they grow up.  I found out about this yesterday.  Zack knew about it Monday.  I guess I should just be glad he remembered at all.  Anyway, the first thing Zack said he wanted to be is an artist.  Ok.  Not sure how to dress up like that and not so realistic.  I mean, Zack is great at coloring, etc.  But do I really see him making it as an artist?  No.  So, dream crusher that I am, I vetoed that.  Feel free to throw tomatoes.  From artist we moved to magician.  Obviously if I'm not going for artist, I'm definitely not going to okay being a magician.  Yes, I am evil.  So we moved on to an amusement park architect.  This I can go with.  I can actually see Zack being an architect some day.  Maybe not for amusement parks, but I decided to let him keep that dream.  Jake told him how to dress like an architect.  The hair must have gel and be done in a somewhat artistic manner.  A button down shirt with a vest or sweater over it is ideal.  We didn't have the vest or sweater, so we went with the button down shirt.  Sleeves rolled up of course.  Then jeans, shirt tucked in, belt.  Jake said the shoes needed to be as crazy as possible or Sunday type shoes.  We went with the Sunday shoes.  He used Jake's man bag and some of his old-school architect supplies.  He tried to top it off with a pencil behind his ear, but it wouldn't stay in.  So off he went to school, quite pleased with himself in his architect attire.  I'm sure he'll come home with some cool drawing of a roller coaster.  Is there much need for amusement park architects?  Maybe he can do that on the side after designing and building his house that goes all the way around the world.  He's already started plans for this.  Feel free to start sending donations for this project...

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Handsome boy!! Tell him to stop growing - he's getting way too big. And he looks like just like Jake - I had to do a double-take. Well done on a normal career path for your 8-year-old. :)