Sunday, August 4, 2013

Crazy July Happenings

I haven't posted for a while.  A long while.  Why?  Because I haven't had two seconds to breathe.  We have been soooo busy this summer.  Fun busy, but busy.  We've literally been running from one thing to the next.  And when I have a couple of days in between events I have to run myself to death trying to keep up on things around the house.  Its been pure craziness.  And pure fun.  Jake said we've never been this busy before.  And its true.  My sister Melanie has been here from Rhode Island, so we've been trying to cram a year's worth of fun into one month.  I think we've been quite successful actually.

I know you're dying to know what we've been up to.  So here goes...We went to Greg's cabin in Wyoming the first week of July.  There was some major four-wheeling done.  My kids now want a four-wheeler, among other things.  Apparently we're made of money.  The next week we were at my dad's for Farmington Festival Days.  Love this tradition.  We ran races, ate lots of food, and went to the parade.  Zack wore a sign that said "it's my birthday, throw me candy", and boy did they throw him candy.  He was in heaven.  Then we headed to a friend's cabin in Idaho for a few days. Best cabin ever.  Best weekend ever.  All of my siblings were actually there (too bad we didn't get a picture to document it).  There were pirate adventures, slip 'n slides, obstacle courses, and of course lots of food.  It was really hot so there was also more sitting around than normal (really I think we're just getting old).  From that party we went on a family camping trip with Tiny to the Uintas.  So great.  So beautiful.  When I die, bury me there.  This weekend we hit the Olympic Park in Park City, did the alpine slide, had a BBQ, celebrated birthdays, and went to the Heber rodeo.  This might sound like a lot, but there are a lot of things I didn't even include.  Thought I'd spare you endless details.  You can thank me later.

I feel bad that I didn't keep up with my posts because now there aren't any details on here.  Oh well.  I'm just happy I survived the last month.  Here are some pics of what we've been up to...

At the parade (the only pic of Zack on his b-day because I'm awesome)

sandcastles at the cabin
Pirate Sage
Camping fun

hiking Bald Mountain (no we didn't get to the top)
pirate adventures with Grandpa
All of the cousins
How many kids can you fit in a bobsled?

Happy Birthday Kate!

rodeo fun!

0 comments: