Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sold!


I think I mentioned in my last post that we were selling our house.  Selling our house so that we can rent while we build a new house on the same lot as our barn.  Well, the first people who looked at it gave us a full price offer.  Our house is under contract.  One day of being listed.  And no, we didn't ask too little.  I don't think we could have gotten much more.  Just the right time with the right people I guess.

Yes, this is a good thing.  But I wasn't really prepared to have it sell so fast.  Holy cow.  That just doesn't happen.  So we've been scrambling to get our loan figured out, finish up our plans, and find a place to live while we build.  You'll be happy to know that we do have a place to live while we're building, and no, its not our trailer.  Jake wanted us to live in the trailer, or some other small cheap apartment to save money, but I put my foot down on this one.  You have to pick your battles and this was one worth fighting.  Jake wisely knew to give up on the trailer and let me have my way.  We're going to be able to rent the house our friends are moving out of in a couple of months.  Its a couple blocks away, the elementary school is literally in the back yard, and we're still close to all of our friends.  Perfect I think.

Now I'm trying to wrap my brain around moving.  Packing boxes.  Ugh.  Jake says I have mad moving skills.  I'm pretty intimidated with this move though.  We have lots more stuff than we did last time we moved.  I suppose I'll tackle it like a do everything else - a little at a time until its done.

I'm calling this year the "Year of Change".  It seems like everything is up in the air.  Selling our house, living in a rental, building a new house, having a baby.  And on top of everything else they just split our ward.  Too much change.  We are going to be pros at change by the end of the year…

PS - Couldn't resist throwing the baby comment in there.  Its a lie, a joke, whatever.  We're not having more kids.  That is all.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on selling your house, I think. Sage told me you were going to live in the McDonalds house. I'm glad it's working out for you and that we'll still be close neighbor friends. You almost got me with the baby comment!

Melanie said...

My insides seriously lurched when I read the baby comment. I panicked for a split second but luckily I'm a fast reader so I quickly got to the part about it being a joke so my heart rate could return to normal.