Thursday, September 14, 2017

Sage's Baptism!

All of my kids have now been baptized.  I'm so old.  Sage got baptized a few weeks ago.  She was so excited.  She picked out a pretty white dress for the occasion.  When I took her shopping I thought for sure she would choose something pricey.  But she picked a dress on the sales rack, didn't even want to try anything else on, and we left spending $30.  Tender mercies.

Her baptism day was wonderful.  She was lucky to be the only one in our ward getting baptized, so it was a meeting all for her.  Everyone talked right to her and she knew everyone who was there.  All of the family came and it was so great.  For posterity's sake, I have to add that there was a mix up on the opening song.  Aunt Alicia played the wrong song, so no one knew the words.  We all hummed our way through the first verse and then cut it off.  We made up for it by singing the correct opening song for the closing song.  It added some spice to the day, and in true Spjute fashion Alicia was properly mocked:)

Grandpa Spjute and Grandma Tracy gave great talks.  We even had some Jensen family there, which I'm sure made Mom happy.  And I'm sure Mom, Linz, and Grandpa Alan were there.  After the baptism we gathered at the house for pizza, garden veggies, and root beer floats.  The perfect ending to the perfect day! 







0 comments: