Sunday, August 27, 2017

Back To School!!

The kids are back in school, and just in time too.  We were about ready to kill each other.  Good thing that seems to happen every year or going back to school would really be hard.  Zack and Kate are in middle school together this year, which I love.  They leave the house at the early hour of 7:10am to catch the bus.  Sage doesn't leave for another hour.

Zack is in 8th grade this year (meaning he goes to high school next year - heaven help me).  He's so far enjoying most of his classes, except for english.  I don't think he'll ever enjoy english.  Ever.  He's taking an agriculture class that he loves and I love because maybe we'll learn how to handle our goat and chickens.  (PS - when Sage is asked if she has any pets she says 9 - 1 goat and 8 chickens.  Perfect.  Now we don't need to get a real pet).  He's doing catalyst math and is doing 9th grade math this year.  He gets great joy over telling everyone he's doing high school math.  If he hasn't told you yet don't worry, he will.

Kate is breathing a sigh of relief that she made it through a rough 5th grade year and is in 6th grade.  She has friends in most of her classes, which is awesome.  She was a little nervous about switching classes all day, but I think she's loving that she doesn't have to sit in he same class with the same people.  Her favorite class is english and journalism (crazy how different kids in the same family can be).  She gets to be in 7th grade orchestra and is happy they don't spend the whole class learning notes.

Sage is in 3rd grade with most of the same kids she's been in class with since kindergarten.  Since she's in dual immersion they stay together for a long time.  Which is good and bad.  Her spanish teacher has a different accent this year, so its taking her a second to figure it out.  She had an interesting first day of school.  She came home all upset (I wasn't surprised, she tends to get worked up and not enjoy big days).  Supposed girls not being nice and other stuff.  She had a snack, we talked about it, snuggled it out, and an hour later she was still crying and being super dramatic.  I finally told her it was time to move on and that she still has a pretty good life.  She got super mad, told me I don't love her, and said she was leaving.  She put her shoes on and headed out the door.  Kate was so worried that I wasn't going after her.  She headed down the street on her bike, then came back for her coat.  Then she stayed around the house and kept hiding in the trees.  Kate finally came in and told me Sage said she would come back in if I went outside and told her I love her.  Oh the drama.  This girl brings a lot of joy to our family, but the drama may kill us.  The next day she told me she thinks 3rd grade will be really fun.  You're killing me smalls.






0 comments: