Sunday, October 29, 2017

Fabulous 40!

I'm 40 years old.  This is old.  There's no pretending you're young when you hit 40.  I have less than half of my life left (I hope to live no older than 75).  You spend a lot of the first half of your life growing up, figuring things out.  Now I feel like I get to apply the things I've learned, and keep learning of course.  By the way, when my mom was 40 I was 18 and in college.  Craziness.  I definitely don't have an 18 year old.  I did figure out that by the time I turn 50 all of my kids will be graduated from high school.  Big happenings coming up!  I've got to be on my game this decade!;)

Anyway, I had the best birthday ever.  We celebrated a couple of days early with the kids because they were heading to St George with Grandma Tracy.  Sage made a big sign to hang up and bought me some chocolate truffles.  Kate made me a cute card and Zack gave me oragami hearts and flowers.  Loved it all!

For my birthday I was selfish and planned a trip to San Diego with Jake.  I figured turning 40 was a good excuse to plan a fun trip.  Jake was a good sport and went along with it.  We had a great time!  Turns out we still like each other after all these years.  It was good to get away with just the two of us.  Jake let me decide what we did every step of the way.  We went running along the bay, swam in the pool, at dinner at the best mexican restaurant ever, went on a boat ride in the harbor, toured the USS Midway (amazing), went to the zoo, went to a cool museum with a video game exhibit where we got to play Pac Man, Space Invaders, and Donkey Kong, ate at the place where they filmed all the bar scenes in Top Gun (Jake didn't understand my excitement over all the Top Gun pictures everywhere - it was awesome - except the food was gross), went to Old Town (super cool), went to the beach, and walked around the Gas Lamp District.  Longest sentence ever.  Anyway, it was all wonderful.  The perfect amount of go and do mixed with some relaxing.  Obviously we like to go and do a little more than relax;)

The poster Sage made me for my birthday

Happy Birthday!

Best mexican food ever

USS Midway

See the lady behind Jake?  They were so annoying and kept getting in our faces while they took 10 million pictures


San Diego

San Diego Zoo


Jake was loving life

The actual piano from Top Gun

I was in heaven

Old Town 

All decorated for Dia de los Muertos






Gas Lamp District (a million restaurants and bars all in one place)

What the kids did while we were gone (bless Greg and Tracy)

0 comments: