Thursday, October 5, 2017

September Happenings

I've already talked a lot about September, but there were some other random things.

We started off the month with Swiss Days.  I admit that I love it.  I love watching all the crazy people.  But I mostly love to help in the booths.  This year the girls helped me make bratzlis (google it) and they helped in our ward food booth for the first time.  Our ward is in charge of the knockworst sandwiches.  Too bad I hate sauerkraut.  I got to make sandwiches for President Uchtdorf and his family, but I didn't get to see them.  They had some guy collecting food for them.  Perks of being in the first presidency I guess;)

We're starting to get the swing of things with school.  The kids are doing well, Kate's enjoying middle school although there have been a few bumps as she learns about accountability with so many different classes.  Kate is going strong with piano and swimming.  Sage is busy with dance, cheer, and piano.  And Zack is in a rock band class.  You heard me, a rock band class.  He plays his electric guitar and is learning to play the bass guitar.  They have a piano player, acoustic guitar, and drums.  They're learning to play TNT, among other things and they'll be doing a live concert in December.  Yes, you can come watch.  You're welcome.  He really loves it.  Did I mention that Jake found out a little about his biological parents?  Well, he did.  One of the things he learned is that his dad played the guitar and wanted to be a rock star.  It's in the blood.  Love it!

September also brought our first snow.  The kids (Sage) were so excited.  They quickly built the first snowman of the year.  I'm glad we're back to normal fall weather.  The snow was fun, but I'm not quite ready for that.

The girls in their swiss days gear after working hard

Sometimes Sage randomly dresses up

My new farmhouse letters.  Love them

Sage enjoying the first snow

First snowman

We discovered Zack can roll his eyes back in his head while his eyes are open.  Gross.

0 comments: