Sunday, June 10, 2018

May Madness!!

So much has happened I don't even know where to start.  In May I need to do a post every week so I don't forget everything.  Sage had her end of the year dance competition and recital, which may be her last because she says she wants to do tumbling instead.  Crazy!  Anyway, she is definitely sassy when she dances.  I have no idea where she gets it from because neither Jake nor I could do anything like that.  She sure is fun to watch though.  The kids all had end of the year projects, field trips, and every other possible activity.  Zack is done with middle school and preparing to enter high school.  Terrifying.  Kate still has 2 more years of middle school, which is more terrifying to me than high school.  Middle school is horrible.  Modern day torture for sure.  Thank heavens that Sage still has a couple of years left of elementary school.  Bless her. 

Let's see, we also experienced the 10 year anniversary of Linz being gone, and of course Mom's birthday and Mother's Day all together.  It's like getting slapped in the face over and over.  I try to smile and enjoy the slap.  That's what I'm supposed to do, right?  This year we all got together and hiked and dipped dogs while listening to the endless playlists Linz put together.  Not sure how she had time to do that, but I'm glad she did because the music made the day perfect.

We also got two new goats!  They're so great!  Super friendly, and super cute.  Quite the change from Rudy.  It's a mom and baby, Emma and Ruby.  They're nubian goats, and yes we could have goat milk if we wanted.  Which I don't.  And I'm hoping Jake forgets he does.  They're hilarious.  Anytime someone walks outside they start making noise and get mad if you don't come say hi.  Love it!

And not to be forgotten, we finished our theater!!  Hooray!!  After like 9 months of working on it off and on it's finally done.  And it's pretty awesome.  We broke the theater in with "Black Panther."  Pretty good one I think.  The kids have pretty much taken it over, which is exactly what we wanted.  It was a lot of work, but we love it.  Movie night at the Jorgensons!

May was the month of sickness at our house.  Ridiculous.  We really hardly got sick at all this winter, but we more than made up for that in the spring.  We all got horrible stomach flu, then Zack got pneumonia, then Jake got pneumonia, then Kate got strep, then Kate was super sick from her antibiotics, plus all of the sniffing and sneezing from allergies.  Holy cow we were a mess!  And Jake is still sick.  I think he might be sick until he some day retires.  Owning your own business is not for the faint of heart.  And just so you know, I practically beg him to take off and do his own thing.  For reals begging, and nothing.  No trips for Jake.  I hope one day he just leaves for like the whole summer to make up for a lifetime of work.  That is all.  Enjoy the pictures:)

Getting ready for our Linz hike

Dog dippin'


Love my nieces! (oh yeah, and my sister)




My girls - the boys couldn't come to this event

I love Sage's excitement for all events.  She makes them so fun.  This is the shirt she made for Mother's Day

Zack getting a treatment for his pneumonia


Zack drew this.  One first place at the school art contest!  I had no idea he had skills like that.

Kate being a surgeon for her wax museum.  She was super excited.

Sage's field trip to watch birds.

Emma and Ruby!!

Dancer Sage

Group dance picture

This is what Zack wore to dinner and the recital.  After I made him change once before.  In case you can't tell his clothes are filthy.  I had to make him shower, and then he put his work clothes back on.  Teenage boys are so gross!!

Amazing grandparents who braved the dance recital

Sage showing me her sassy faces

Scary

Emma!!


0 comments: