Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Camping!

We finally went camping this summer.  We don't have a trailer anymore, so it's not so easy to just throw things together and go.  I admit that I'm a little bitter at the loss of Tiny.  It's so much more work to get everything together for tent camping.  And when you get there it's so much more work to set everything up, and take everything down.  And then there's the fun of sleeping in a tent.  So not fun.  Nothing like sleeping in a row with your entire family.  I was really hoping that everyone would miss Tiny so much that we would unitedly decide we must get another trailer.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.  It looks like I'm stuck with a tent.  Which means my family is stuck with two day camping trips - I won't do one day because it's way too much work for one day, and I won't do more than two days because I'm not sleeping in a tent for that long.  So there.

Anyhow, back to our actual camping trip.  We went up to the Uintas.  I love, love, love the Uintas.  So beautiful.  We camped at Butterfly Lake Campground, our first time camping there.  Our site was pretty awesome because it had this hill right behind it with big rocks that were perfect for the kids to climb on.  They loved it.  We fished, hiked, roasted s'mores, and every thing else that happens when camping.  On Friday we went adventuring.  We took off in the truck and just drove to random places we'd never been.  We ended up in some remote areas.  And we got to see the great dragon fly migration (I've never seen so many dragon flies.  It was pretty cool). 

Our campground without Tiny:(


An awkward picture of Jake getting ready to fish


The lake in right by our campground



The view from behind our campground

Climbing on the awesome rocks




My favorite thing to do while camping





Lunch break in the truck


It's so pretty in the Uintas!!!



0 comments: