Monday, November 5, 2018

October Happenings

This should really be more than one post, but it's not happening.  In addition to the epic hunt, we had fall break and halloween, with a lot of little things in between.  We spent fall break in St George because Zack had his final state mountain bike race there.  I'm so glad he decided to do mountain biking this year.  It's been really great.  I love watching the races, and this one did not disappoint.  I pre-rode the course with Jake and Zack the day before and it was hard!  I don't know how those kids ride technical stuff like that, really fast, with lots of people around.  I would die.  Or just stop and cry.  One of the two for sure.  Anyway, Zack did a great job.  I don't think he had a single race this year that wasn't really hot.  The heat alone would have killed me most of the time.  He said there was one hill on this course where he felt like he was in the back of a car, in the heat, with all of the windows rolled up and no air.  Ha! 

So we did Zack's race in St George.  And my birthday.  Let's just say birthdays aren't so fun when you're on vacation with lots of people.  Enough said.  The kids swam a ton as usual.  Not sure how because it really wasn't warm enough.  We rappelled off Dixie Rock, which was really cool and fun. 

Halloween was fine.  I've been so busy lately that I did absolutely nothing with my kids to celebrate.  Sage went to a maze thing and carved a pumpkin with a friend.  Zack and Kate finally carved pumpkins on actual halloween.  That's how on the ball I was.  I was feeling bad for my lack of celebration, so I made some healthy halloween treats for the kids after school.  I just couldn't bring myself to make a dessert treat knowing how much candy they would be eating.  Zack no longer trick-or-treats, so he hands out candy to all three people who come to our house.  Kate enjoyed her last year trick-or-treating as a nerd, and Sage embraced every bit of the holiday as usual dressed as Wonder Woman.  Everyone ended the night happy, so I'm calling it a win. 

Here are a million pictures.


Cool park in St George

Halloween carnival thing that we did purely for Sage

On top of Dixie Rock

Zack on his way down


Sage loved it and wanted to be the first one down



Awesome witchy-poo party


Making witches brew

The Halloween parade that was freezing!

Fingernails, ghosts, and pumpkins.  I outdid myself

Kate learned she really hates pumpkin slime.
Nerd and Wonder Woman

Sage with her friends



0 comments: