Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Projects

Life is so busy right now that I never get on here to post.  So I'm going to post a couple of long posts just to catch up.  Super awesome. 

Part of the reason life has been so busy is we've had all kinds of projects going on.  For a long time.  I believe I wrote about the pond that we mostly finished.  Right after we finished that we bought an old house to use as a new office location.  The house is awesome, but it needed a lot of work.  I finally realized Jake was so busy that it was never going to happen, so I jumped in and went to town.  I wish I had taken more before pictures so you could fully appreciate the work that went into this.  Just know that it was weeks of working almost every day.  Like my kids started being surprised when I was home when they got home after school.  Not ideal, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  First I painted the front office and conference room.  Then I removed the wallpaper in Jake's office.  Someone evil created wallpaper.  I did some of the demo of a future bathroom area.  I knocked out the ceiling and ripped up the floor.  I was so covered in dust, but I was impressed with my demo toughness.  I don't think Jake knew I could/would do that.  From there I finished painting the rest of the office: Jake's office, the other half of the conference room, the back office, and the break room.  Not a small amount of painting.  I was handling the work pretty well, but I have to admit that by the end I was beyond ready to be done.  We've moved into the office, but we still need to finish things.  Someday.

The other project we were working on, pretty much every weekend, was a goat house.  Winter was coming and our goats needed a place to get out of the cold.  So there was a time line on this one.  I have to say that no one really wanted to work on this.  We were all so exhausted by the time we got to Saturday that the last thing we wanted to do was work all day.  But work we did.  I was proud of our kids because they worked hard with mostly minimal complaining.  We spent multiple Saturdays, most of the day, working on the goat house.  But we finally got it mostly done just in time for the cold weather.  Mostly done is how we do our projects, in case you hadn't noticed.

Before I ripped apart the room

And after.  Beautiful I think

Front room I painted

Conference room I painted

Leveling out the ground and putting in the cinder block foundation


The mostly done goat house

0 comments: