Thursday, February 28, 2019

February Happenings

February was a fun month!  Other than Colorado, nothing too exciting happened.  But I think we managed to have some fun.

Sage got tattooed up for Valentine's Day.  That girl cracks me up.  Holidays are such a big deal for her that I feel major pressure to up my holiday game.  We got home from Colorado only a few days before the big day, so that made things a little tricky.  I still managed to get our Valentine's mailbox out.  I try to do a week or so of little notes plus random little toys every day.  Crazy how excited everyone can get over a $1 toy.  On Valentine's I actually made a nice breakfast for everyone with a little treat by their plate.  When they got home there were some presents (nothing fancy) for each person with a nice card.  And for dinner I made some homemade bread, broccoli cheese soup, and a fruit pizza for dessert.  Nothing says love like my mom's comfort food:)

Kate got to do a fun fashion show for young women's.  Her leaders got each girl a prom-type dress (no idea how they figured that out), and for months they've been altering the dresses and learning how to do hair and makeup.  It was fun to see them all dressed up.  Kate looked beautiful and way too old!

We of course did some skiing.  Thank heavens for skiing because otherwise the winters would get really long.  This winter has been long and cold.  Like hardly any days have even been in the 30's.  There was one weekend when we couldn't use our ski passes because of blackout days, and it was a long weekend.  Not a lot to do in the winter if you don't do some sort of winter activity.  Every year when we pay for passes and skis I cringe because it's not cheap.  But it's really worth it.  Kate has become a good little skier.  So now Jake and Zack and Kate take off on blacks and double blacks and Sage and I find an easier way down.  Sage can ski the harder stuff just fine, but this year she's decided she wants no part of it.  Fine by me because I'm happiest on the groomers.

We've had a lot of deer in our yard this winter

Ready for Valentine's Day!

We live in a beautiful place!

Jake decided to grow sprouts

Fashion show Kate!






My ski buddy Sage

Beautiful day for a Sunday walk

My friend Audrey and I. We've skied together every week for years and this is the first picture we've ever taken!

Zack was nice enough to spend hours chipping away at the snow so that we could have a fire.  The fire was so huge that we were all hot!


Good thing the pond was frozen


1 comments:

Heidi Spjute said...

Love those pictures of Kate at the fashion show. I think we know exactly who she will look like when she grows up!