Sunday, December 5, 2021

October Happenings

Ahhh!!  I just keep getting further and further behind!  October was so, so busy.  But there's no way I can do a separate post about everything or I'll really never catch up.  We started off the month in Price at another mountain bike race.  Price isn't my favorite location.  They made mountain bike trails over an old dump site, so there's random glass and garbage everywhere.  

A few days after we got home from Price Jake and I went to Indiana for one of his builder groups.  There were pretty sunsets, and trees, but that's about it.  Definitely not a destination location.  Our hotel was a block away from Indiana University, so it was fun to explore the campus.  There were lots of college kids and bars.  

I jokingly told Jake I wanted a hot tub for my birthday.  He came through on my birthday wish!  Best husband ever!  Especially because we didn't have a spot to put it and had to extend our patio.  So in one weekend we dug out the space and got pavers laid.  It was a lot of work!  Somehow the kids didn't mind working so much when it involved getting a hot tub.

We didn't go anywhere for fall break.  Too much other stuff in October to make anything happen.  A few days after fall break we headed to St George for Zack's last high school mountain bike race.  It was a great weekend.  Zack got stuck in a pile up at the start, so he didn't do as well as he wanted to, but we still had a great time.  It was definitely bitter sweet.  I was so excited for Zack to finish strong, but so sad that it was his last race with the high school team.  When he started in 9th grade we had no idea what we were getting into.  The team was like a third of the size it is now.  Zack knew how to ride a mountain bike, but he definitely wasn't fast.  I remember being worried that he wasn't good enough to be on the team (I didn't realize that they take all levels of riders).  Now, four years later, our whole family is involved with the team and Zack rides in one of the fastest groups.  It's been a great experience to watch him learn how to push himself and see his hard work pay off.  So I may have shed a tear or two as he was finishing.  I'm just so grateful we've all been able to participate as a family.  Not many sports that allow that!   

A few days after St George we left for Mexico.  But that definitely needs it's own post.  Phew!  October had a lot going on!  



Sage did some chalk fundraiser thing

Oh yeah.  We no longer have Chester.  That's all I can say about that or else I'll get in trouble.

Indiana University

Jake's builder group

And Jake got a truck.  That we're not allowed to ride in because we're filthy scum.

It was really hard to get the tractor in there!





Zack finishing his last race


Grandpa Greg even came!

Zack and his friend Jesse.  They loved that I took their picture.


0 comments: