Sunday, June 4, 2023

April Happened

 April was busy, but fun.  The week after we got home from our epic spring break Kate got to go to prom.  Her date was super nice and cute.  The actual date was somewhat of a marathon.  Dates these days are so long.  For sure exhausting.  But she looked beautiful and got to wear her NY dress.

Jake and I got to go to Michigan for a builder group thing.  I was super excited to see this part of the country.  We went to Petoske, on the banks of Lake Michigan.  By the way, Lake Michigan is huge.  It was like looking at the ocean, but a lake.  So pretty.  I wish we'd been able to go in the fall because it was definitely shoulder season.  The weather didn't cooperate and the last couple of days were snowy and really cold.  We did manage to get in a mountain bike ride.  My first time on a trail outside of Utah.  We had fun, but it made me appreciate the amazing trails we have here.  Hard to beat those.


I obviously don't do food pictures much, but this may have been the best chocolate cake I've ever had.  So so good.

The lady from Michigan (Jamie) took me to the lake to look for Petoski rocks.  It was so fun.




On our way to dinner one night.

There were so many leaves on this trail we could hardly see where to go.  I mostly followed Jake.  

We barely fit the bikes in our rental car.

Trying to clean up from the longest winter ever.

Kate and her date, Daniel


We have a system down.  Sage does makeup, I do hair.  And good thing we're fast because we only had like 45 minutes.



0 comments: