Tuesday, June 6, 2023

May Happenings

 May was fairly low-key, which is odd for May.  Zack finished his first year at Utah State and moved home for a bit before he starts his internship.  He's so happy to be home.  Not really.  It's always so awkward to move back home once you moved out.  We're all trying to make it work.  Zack's been killing himself trying to fix his Jeep.  Sometimes I hate Jeeps.  They seem to mostly not work.  When they do work they're fun, but the moments seem brief.  

Kate and Sage finished school.  Sage survived middle school and is ready for high school.  I'm thrilled to be done with middle school.  Those years are rough.  Kate is officially a senior.  I'm not ready to let another kid leave me.  But I can't wait to see the fun things she'll get to do her senior year.

Everyone went all out for Mother's Day.  I told them this year will be hard to beat.  Jake and Kate worked hard on delicious fajitas.  They were so good.  Zack and Sage worked hard cleaning up.  Sage did her usual magic for special occasions with the nicest card, a video with pictures, peanut M&Ms, and she even wrote me a song on her guitar!  They all humored me with a long walk after dinner.  Best day ever.

We continue to kill ourselves trying to get the cursed office done.  It feels so close, yet still so far.  The latest craziness has been doing the landscaping.  We've been screening the dirt to get cobble rock to put in the front.  Jake dumps rock at the front and I spread it out.  I never want to touch a rock again.  However, my dad raised me for this job.  I was born for this (but I'm never doing it again).

It's always bitter sweet when another school year ends.  So nice to have a break, but always crazy how fast it goes.  My kids are growing up too fast!  Soon Sage will be the only one home (she's not looking forward to that by the way).  Now if my kids are getting on my nerves I remind myself that I'll soon be missing these moments.  Sometimes it helps.

Sage made me frosting for Mother's Day.  She knows the way to my heart.

Jake and Kate making me deliciousness.




Sage got braces!


0 comments: