Monday, September 9, 2024

Couer d'Alene

 We spent a couple of days in Glacier and then headed to Couer d'Alene, Idaho.  I personally could have spent a full week in Glacier, but we'll have to go back.  CDA is beautiful.  I love the huge lake and wished we had our boat there.  The highlight of this part of the trip was the Hiawatha Trail.  So fun and beautiful!  I've heard a lot about this trail, biking through tunnels with lights, beautiful bridges, etc.  It was amazing to finally be able to experience it ourselves.  The trail is 15 miles long, and most people just go from the top down.  Sage and I decided we wanted to ride from the bottom to the top and then back down.  Sage really wanted to ride back down with her cousins, so we tried to time it so we'd meet up with them.  This was definitely a challenge though because there's no cell service and we really didn't know how long it would take us.  I'd also like to add that I'm again proud of myself for my navigation skills.  Jake is usually our navigator, for good reason, but I did a good job on this trip.  Patting myself on my back for sure.  Anyway, by some miracle (like an actual miracle) Sage and I pedaled out of the last tunnel where everyone starts coming down and all of the cousins were right there getting ready to start!  We couldn't have planned it better if we tried.  So we all got to enjoy the ride down together.  I was also grateful we brought our own bikes because, as Sage would say, those rental bikes are not it.  Anyway, as before, lots of pics...

Sage tryna lock in to her football throwing technique (can you tell Sage wrote that)

The beautiful spot we went for our last night


Running along the path around the lake


Oh yeah, we went to an amusement park while we were there.  It was like all amusement parks.  Sage loved it.




Starting up the Hiawatha Trail



Turns out if you ride really fast through the wet, muddy tunnel you get covered in the mud.





We went to Spokane for a couple of hours because who knows when we'll be in the area again.  Turns out they have lots of waterfalls





Look at all of these teenagers


0 comments: