Thursday, September 5, 2024

Glacier!

 I've always wanted to go to Glacier National Park, but it's quite a drive so it's just never happened.  Tracy and Laura mentioned they were going this summer and I decided to tag along.  It ended up being just me and Sage.  Jake couldn't get away from work, Kate was in Africa, and Zack also had to work so he can pay for school.  So Sage and I headed off for an adventure.

We broke the drive there into two days.  Really nice since I was the only driver.  We took our time on the drive.  I showed Sage around BYU-Idaho, and the next day we stopped at a really cool spot right before Glacier.  It was fun to make some detours.  

We got to hang out with Greg and Tracy, Mike and Laura and their boys.  There ended up being 6 teenagers on this trip.  5 boys and Sage.  I have to admit that there were times when I really wanted a break from the teenage attitude.  They can be great, but you know, also teenagers.  We all managed to survive each other, although it might be a bit before I travel with that many teens again...

Glacier was beautiful.  Unfortunately very smoky, but even with the smoke amazingly beautiful.  We did a couple of hikes, Sage and I went on a fun mountain bike trail (I was proud of myself for navigating this and not getting lost), and paddle boarding in the most beautiful lake ever.  We also managed to get delicious ice cream every day.  It was pretty amazing and I definitely want to go back with the rest of the family and spend some more time there.

Here are a whole lot of pics.  Completely out of order, but I'm not taking the time to fix them.

We got to see mountain goats right off the trail



















Avalanche Lake.  The water was so cold, but perfectly clear.  Really pretty.











Our first morning in the park we waited in line for like 2 hours for the shuttle.  Not the highlight of the trip.







0 comments: