Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Witchy-Poo Party?




My kids loved the witchy-poo party so much that they decided to do one of their own. This is how it happened...I got a phone call saying that I had left my wallet somewhere in Heber (smart, I know). I didn't want to load the kids in the car for such a quick trip, so I called Jake who was at the house he's building down the street. He assured me he would be home in "two minutes". I should have known better seeing as that house is a black hole that won't spit my husband out once it sucks him in.

About ten minutes later I got home to see Jake's truck still down the street. That meant my kids had been alone in the house. Not good. I walked in the door and followed a trail of white into the kitchen. My kitchen was covered in flour, my kids were covered in flour, and there were various baking utensils on the counter. The kids excitedly informed me that they were making witches' brew. They were sooo proud of themselves. Kate was so excited she was jumping up and down. I don't think it ever occurred to them that they were doing something wrong. What could be wrong with making witches' brew? They got flour from the containers in the pantry into some bowls on the counter. They were in the process of adding water to the flour. They had wisks and measuring cups out. Zack also got four paper cups out so we could all have some brew. After I cleaned up I asked Zack if the brew tasted good. He said he didn't know because he didn't get to finish it. Duh! Of course it would have been good. This was witches' brew after all:)

6 comments:

April said...

That's awesome! (not for you - but it's still really funny)

Matt and Mandy said...

Pretty funny! That sounds like a fun clean-up time :) I think Jake should have had to clean it - that's how it would work in my house! McKinley keeps asking about Zach and Kate, we need to get the kids together again soon!

About Us. said...

That's hilarious. At least you had the good sense to take a picture, Jake and his cousin once used marker and colored all over my brother's carpet stairs, I was so mad, I didn't think to take a picture until I had cooled off after it was cleaned up. Good on ya for making a memory of their little adventure!

Wendy said...

Can't believe he did not finish his brew! But it looks like they had a great time and of course the memories they made. How could you be mad?? Glad to know my hubby is not the only on to be more than "2 minutes".

the mortensen's said...

that is hilarious! If only you had pictures of them tasting it! YIKES!

halesrock said...

Hi Laura- So cute! I love your blog, and the pictures in England were awesome! My brother served his mission in that area and loved it. You're awesome-- Olivia