Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beautiful Wyoming



We got to spend the weekend with Jake's family at Grandpa Greg's cabin in Wyoming. I have to admit that I was skeptical that Wyoming could be beautiful outside of the Tetons. I was proven wrong. It was beautiful and green with a river winding through everything. Picture 'A River Runs Through It' and you'll be pretty close. It was pretty much a fisherman's paradise. Jake was salivating as we drove up and got on the river to fish as fast as possible. I don't fish, but I still enjoyed myself. The kids loved it and can't wait to go back.

We got to spend the weekend visiting with Jake's aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was fun to catch up with everyone and share some good laughs. We're definitely hoping this becomes an annual adventure. Jake's trying to figure out when he can go fish up there again. Zack enjoyed fishing, Kate enjoyed watching. I have to admit that Kate's not so much the outdoorsy person. She'll spend a few minutes hiking or fishing, but that's about it. If it was up to her she'd probably go shopping. Not sure how she's my daughter. Sage loved petting all of the dogs. I've never had a kid who loves animals like she does. There's no fear at all, she just gets super excited and wants to play. Its great, and again definitely not inherited from me. Come to think of it, what did my kids get from me?

1 comments:

zackary04 said...

Great pictures you guys! We loved the trip and will surely do it again! Thanks for sharing!